On 9/14/2016 11:51 AM, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
On 9/13/2016 9:03 PM, Alexandr Scherbatiy wrote:
On 9/13/2016 8:49 PM, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
On 9/13/2016 8:46 PM, Alexandr Scherbatiy wrote:
On 9/13/2016 8:34 PM, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:


On 9/13/2016 8:25 PM, Alexandr Scherbatiy wrote:
On 9/13/2016 7:38 PM, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:


On 9/13/2016 7:21 PM, Alexandr Scherbatiy wrote:
On 9/12/2016 10:42 PM, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:


On 9/12/2016 9:48 PM, Alexandr Scherbatiy wrote:
On 9/12/2016 7:52 PM, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
On 9/12/2016 6:50 PM, Alexandr Scherbatiy wrote:

On 9/12/2016 6:42 PM, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
GTKPainter does not implement a lot of methods which can be accessed by public API. Could you, please, explain, why this specific method is more important than, for example, paintToolBarContentBackground() or paintToggleButtonBorder(), or all other unimplemented?

In general, how do you separate public API methods of the SynthPainter class into two sets: the first set that *should be* over-riden and the second set of methods that *should not be* overr-riden? Are there any systematic criterium for that differentiation?
All the same methods with different number of arguments which do not fall to overridden implementation should be overridden to provide proper implementation.
Where I can read about this rule for SynthPainter? And it obviously is not true.
This is a usual rule for public methods which can be used by an external application.
There are a lot of methods that are not over-riden in GTKPainter. I even wrote an examples above.
The SynthPainter.paintToolBarContentBackground(..., orientation) calls SynthPainter.paintToolBarContentBackground(...) without the orientation and the GTKPainter .paintToolBarContentBackground overrides the method without the orientation. So calls to gtkPainter.paintToolBarContentBackground(..., orientation) falls down to the overriden method in GTKPainter.

The same is for SynthPainter.paintProgressBarBackground(..., orientation) and paintScrollBarBackground(..., orientation) methods.

 The SynthPainter has only one paintToggleButtonBorder() method.
Interesting rule... I thought that more specific method version may have different implementation.
It was done for historical reason. For example before the fix JDK-5033822 "Synth ScrollBar paintTrack() dosn't support orientation" there was only paintScrollBarBackground() method without the orientation in the SynthPainter class. After the fix the paintScrollBarBackground() method with the orientation is added which default implementation just calls the same method without the orientation because old user's subclasses can override the method without the orientation an not be aware about new method version.

What would you say about paintSeparatorBackground() ?
It's (..., orientation) version is over-ridden while the generic version is not over-ridden.
   I guess that it is just a bug.
Not sure. GTKPainter has never been providing a systematic API from the beginning. It is not for an arbitrary external use, because the resulting painting will be unpredictable. I explained this in this thread many times. And even if I would like to provide this useless method implementation
It is a part of the public SynthPainter API and can be called by an external application.
I can be called without any predictable result. This is the current state. It cannot be changed by the change you are proposing to add.
  The result is described in the public method javadoc.
I were not able to do this because the orientation is a required parameter to paint the GTK tab border.
The overridden method without the orientation can just call the overridden method with orientation passing a default orientation value.
And what the default value is? It is not defined.
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/javax/swing/JSeparator.html
Creates a new horizontal separator: Constructor JSeparator().
Sorry, I didn't get how the separator orientation is related to tabbed pane border.
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/javax/swing/JTabbedPane.html#setTabPlacement(int)
    The default value, if not set, is SwingConstants.TOP.
It is a default for JTabbedPane but not for the LnF. JTabbedPane always has some orientation and it is used in the painter. But I cannot even imagine what should be painted if the GTK painter API is called to paint TabbedPane without orientation and why. Because orientation is mandatory in the corresponding gtk-lib call.
The GTK L&F just tries to paint Swing components in the same way as native components. It is possible to get a default orientation of a native component to which the JTabbedPane corresponds to and use it.

  Thanks,
  Alexandr.

--Semyon

  Thanks,
  Alexandr.

--Semyon

  Thanks,
  Alexandr.

--Semyon

  Thanks,
  Alexandr.

--Semyon

  Thanks,
  Alexandr.

--Semyon

 Thanks,
 Alexandr.



--Semyon

  Thanks,
  Alexandr.

--Semyon

On 9/12/2016 6:20 PM, Alexandr Scherbatiy wrote:
The paintTabbedPaneTabBorder() without orientation should be implemented as well because it can be accessed by public API.

Thanks,
Alexandr.

On 6/3/2016 10:54 PM, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:


On 6/3/2016 10:34 PM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
On 03.06.16 22:21, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
What reason? Why it is not public? since I provided the code example
where these methods are accessed by the user?
GTK toollkit painting sequence is very different.

What does it mean "different"? Even in this fix you implement one of the method according to the spec and skip the same method for some unknown reason.


I still did not get why an overload method should have the same behavior as its associates. This is a brand new design principle I've never heard
before.

...........
That's nice...
Do you have any other concerns?

I still do not understand why the first method with default orientation is not implemented.
I guess you meant "is not over-ridden". :) Once again: because it is never used.
















Reply via email to