On 17.10.2016 18:37, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
On 17.10.16 17:39, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:

On 17.10.2016 17:19, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
On 17.10.16 15:16, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
>>>     We can replace old constants by the new one in the whole jdk,
but I
>>> updated only the code in InputEvent to make change smaller and
>>>     safer. So at least the new code in jdk and the code in
applications
>>>     will start to use the new constants.
But I didn't get why it is risky? Usually find&replace works reliably.

Because they works differently(this is why the second getModifiersEx
was added) and some code can rely on the behavior of getModifiers().
At least usages of Event.*_MASK could be safely replaced with
InputEvent.*_DOWN_MASK.

How it could be safe? both are a different constants which should be used in pair with different methods?
Then why do you add in java doc for those constants:
 @deprecated It is recommended that *_DOWN_MASK be used instead
?

And, please, limit the length of the changed line in VMPanel.java to 80
chars.