I believe I have found a bug in javax.swing.text.Utilities.getTabbedTextOffset.
As the bug involves fractional metrics, it is not clear that it can be
demonstrated without kludges, so I do not have a test program. If anyone is
interested in the code and sees the same problem that I see, I will let them
take action on this.

The problem that I see is that the code at the end that corrects for fractional
metrics will be skipped if the x position is at the last character, in other
words, when the loop terminates. The corrective code should not be in the loop,
it should be after the loop to handle all cases.