From: Sergey Bylokhov
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2018 4:18 AM
To: Pankaj Bansal; swing-dev@openjdk.java.net
Subject: Re: <Swing Dev> [11][JDK-8153532] RFR: Add @throws NPE javadoc to
UIManager.setLookAndFeel(String) method description

On 11/04/2018 02:55, Pankaj Bansal wrote:
> I have checked all the functions and I could not find any other API with
> wrong description.

ok

> <<The test to prove that, is welcome as well.
> I think I won't be able to write a test which fails before the fix and passes
> afterwards as it is just a documentation change. Can you please tell me what
> are the requirements from the test and I will try to write one?

This test will check that this method works according to its specification.
Previously NPE was not specified and implementation of the method could or
could not throw NPE on null, so I doubt that any existing tests checks null
parameter.

--
Best regards, Sergey.