From: Sergey Bylokhov
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 2:40 PM
To: Prasanta Sadhukhan <prasanta.sadhuk...@oracle.com>;
swing-dev@openjdk.java.net
Subject: Re: <Swing Dev> RFR : JDK-8239334:Tab Size does not work correctly in
JTextArea with setLineWrap on

Looks fine.

On 2/18/20 2:32 am, Prasanta Sadhukhan wrote:
Hi All,

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psadhukhan/8239334/webrev.0/

Please review a fix for an issue where it is seen string with "tab" in them are
not aligned properly with linewrap on.

This is in continuation to a fix done in JDK-8187957
<https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8187957> where the fix was done in
PlainView.
This is because while calculating tab stop postion, it is calculating number of tabs
in float value (an aftereffect of JDK-8156217
<https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8156217>)
so next tab stop location is coming out wrong.
Fix is to use "number of tabs" as an integer value in order to calculate the
tab position correctly.

The same fix should be done for WrappedPlainView for line wrap path.

Regards
Prasanta