On 4/20/20 8:34 am, Prasanta Sadhukhan wrote:

On 20-Apr-20 8:54 PM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
On 4/20/20 2:40 am, Prasanta Sadhukhan wrote:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psadhukhan/8213535/webrev.4/

used the right GC for the tip but we still need the preferredSize in the paint()

Why do we need it? Do we calculate the size in the
ToolTipManager.showTipWindow() incorrectly?
We call tip.getPreferredSize() there,  does it return different result than in
the paint() method?

No, there it returns the same value as paint() now after GC fix, but
c.getSize() in paint() returns the JPanel size which is not same as
preferredSize and it is not enough to contain the text, it seems.

But the panel and window both are created by our code in
ToolTipManager.showTipWindow, should we adjust it?

--
Best regards, Sergey.