On Wed, 19 May 2021 22:04:57 GMT, Phil Race <p...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Correct, there are ways to modify the code to make it more
>> annotation-friendly. We thought about whether it's good to do it before
>> adding the annotations or after it. Our decision now is to do it after
>> because it will be more easy to see why it's necessary and we can take time
>> to do them little by little. A new enhancement at
>> https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8267432 is filed.
>
> I don't think it is a separate P4 enhancement (?) that someone will (maybe)
> do next release.
> I think it should all be taken care of as part of this proposed change.

I just made it P3 (P4 was the default value), and I will target it to 17 once
JEP 411 is targeted 17. But I think it's probably not a good idea to include it
inside *this* PR. There are some middle ground where it's debatable if a change
is worth doing (Ex: which is uglier between an a-liitle-faraway-annotation and
a temporary variable?) so it's not obvious what the scope of the refactoring
can be. Thus it will be divided into smaller sub-tasks. It's not totally
impossible that part of the work will be delayed to next release.