On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 09:02:25 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhuk...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

> JInternalFrame.getDesktopIcon() can be null as setDesktopIcon() can be called
> with null value. There are many places in JInternalFrame where
> getDesktopIcon() is accessed without null check which might cause NPE.
> Added null check for those cases.

Does the null desktop icon is actually supported? I have set it to null in the
constructor of JInternalFrame, and check how the SwingSet2 work when jdesktop
frame is minimized, under all L&F I got NPE.  But even if we fix that npe how
the user will be able to "unmimimize" the window? Probably we should state that
the null icon is unsupported?