Hello,

I am using JEditorPane to display a dynamic HTML with charset encoding meta
tag in the header.  Because of this meta tag, the page gets requested twice
from the server and invokes my servlet to run twice.
İf I make the JEditorPane previous page of the same encoding, then I get an
exception as:
//------------------------
java.lang.NullPointerException
at javax.swing.text.html.StyleSheet.getRule(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.html.StyleSheet$ViewAttributeSet.<init>(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.html.StyleSheet.getViewAttributes(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.html.BlockView.setPropertiesFromAttributes(Unknown
Source)
at javax.swing.text.html.BlockView.setParent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTextUI$RootView.setView(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTextUI.setView(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTextUI.modelChanged(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTextUI$UpdateHandler.propertyChange(Unknown
Source)
at javax.swing.event.SwingPropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown
Source)
at javax.swing.event.SwingPropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown
Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.JTextComponent.setDocument(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JEditorPane.setPage(Unknown Source)
//--------------------

The only way around this I saw was to remove the meta tag from the html but
then, viewing the page from a browser other than the JEditorPane will not
have the correct charset for the page.

The source code shows that there is a ignoreCharset flag that gets used the
second time the same URL is requested.  But I think that gets used by the
new document that is internal to the setPage call.

Any ideas on how to keep the meta-tag in the html but still be able to
display using JEditorPane?  For info, running Plugin 1.3.1 on IE5.x on
WinNT4.0.

Thanks,
Nuri