I have couple of obese Swing tomes (Geary and Robinson & Vorobiev) as
part of my ballooning Java library, but neither discusses at all what
one needs to know to effectively write, or even extend, event-firing
classes.

I am particulary interested in extending or writing model/observable
classes (such as DefaultListSelectionModel), i.e. classes that fire
events to notify listeners of changes of state.

Is there a book that covers this aspect of Swing programming in more
depth than either Geary or Robinson & Vorobiev?

Thanks!

KJ