I am trying to implement scroll bars to both a JList and a JTextArea using
the method adding the JList to the JScrollPane and then adding the
JScrollPane to the panel where I want the JList to appear.  Without using
the scrollpane, the JList and JTextArea are fine on the panel, but for some
strange reason, when I add then via adding them to a JScrollPane, they
disappear.  Is something going on that I am missing :)

ex...
JPanel testPanel = new JPanel(null);
JList testList = new JList();
..set the bounds for absolute layout..
testList.setVisible(true);
testPanel.add(testList);        // this works

testPanel.add(new JScrollPane(testList));  // this makes the list disappear

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ken