I have a JTable that lives inside a scrollpane.  The last (rightmost)
column of the table *has to be very wide* and does not fit in the
pane, so horizontal scrolling must be enabled.

Users can select rows by clicking on them.  The problem is that if the
user tries to select a row by clicking on its (very wide) rightmost
cell, the table is automatically scrolled horizontally to center the
viewport over the rightmost column.  This is a disconcerting response
to the user's action, and I would like to disable it.  Does anybody
know how to do this?

What part the table API is responsible for this centering?

Thanks!

KJ

PS: please Cc me in your response.