From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Greg Munt
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 4:19 AM
To: Charles Hymes; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: How to make "pulldowns" and "popups" overlap a containers border?

You will need to look at changing the L&F of a combo box, I'd imagine. Or create a new component with a L&F based on that of a combo box. Why duplicate behaviour? Reuse it, where possible.

If the popup extends beyond the window frame, a component with a native peer is used.

If by "frame" you mean the window borders and title bar, use a JWindow instead of a JDialog.