The clipboard happens to be a local resource on the client machine and as
with all local resources (printer, hard disk, etc.) you need to set the
security or use a signed applet.

If you have access to the client machine, then you can set the security
property of the vm (plugin), if no access, then you can get a cert from auth
and auto install it for signed applet.

Good luck...