While I can no longer maintain this, it might get you 90% there.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Crater/3143/

 Ramana TSV <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We need a Swing based WYSIWYG HTML Editor with the following features:
> 1.The TAB functionality as in MS-WORD. (TAB KEY) for text editing.

This is a huge project by itself, and am not sure if there is one available
freely.
(Will be very glad to know if there are any!)
I always wanted to built WYSIWYG support into my IDE which i am working on
currently
(Pramati Studio for J2EE www.pramati.com )
My idea is not limited to HTML, but go a step further and provide JSP GUI
editing,
which I don't think exists in the market.
I did not get enough free time to start the work, but have few ideas to get
you started.

There is a HTML renderer package with Java HTML's kit, you could use as a
base to
get started. By doing this you need not bother about rendering the HTML
elements again.
But will have to write custom actions for inserting Tables, Form Elements
etc.

> 2.COPY PASTE formatted text from other tools like, WordPad, MS-WORD etc,
> The COPY/PASTE should like, in MS-WORD the text will be in RTF format, but
> when copied it should be in HTML format.

You will have to understand the DataFlavor and Clipboard concepts,
the below link will be very useful
http://www.javaworld.com/javatips/jw-javatip61_p.html

regards
Ramana