Hello Marcel

> Well ... knowing you have 27mbps downstream on Docsis (34 using
> EuroDocsis), and I am sure you have more that 3 people per headend ... I
> suppose that "best effort" is the right word ...

I am not sure since I am little bit away from this technology at the
moment but maybe DOCSIS 3.0 (a.k.a. "Wideband DOCSIS") is already out in
the field...

--snip from http://www.cablemodem.com/primer/
DOCSIS 3.0 will increase the capacity to a minimum of 160 Mbps
downstream to customers and by a minimum of 120 Mbps upstream.
--snap

--
Best regards,
Roman Hochuli

nexellent ag
Saegereistrasse 29
CH-8152 Glattbrugg

Phone:       +41 44 562 30 40
Fax:         +41 44 562 30 41

Imagination is the one weapon in the war
against reality.
                    -- Jules de Gaultier