hi ruedi

> What do you think of reading this mailing list as RSS feed?
> Good/bad idea?

bad.

how do you answer to posts? ,-)
for me RSS is not a solution for participating in a mailinglist. if you
want to have read only access, it may be an alternative... so you still
need the mails ;-)

> I personally would very much favour this approach for the following
> reasons:
> - My inbox remains emptier/smaller

<ironic> yes, you're right, we've got about 654'465'108 mails a year on
this mailinglist ;-) makes sense ,-) </ironic>

> - No problems with auto replys which flood the whole list

well, as i said: mail will remain, so auto reply's will remain ...

> - Only headers get downloaded automatically. This saves bandwidth.

i dont know, but i think bandwidth is not really a problem with that
mailinglist, right? we're not (yet) at nanog's size ,)

> So, dear administrator, why not give it a try? Google, for
> example, recommends this software on the server side:
> http://jmason.org/software/scripts/mailman-archive-to-rss.txt

i think you're gladly invited to provide an RSS feed for those people
which cannot live without it ;-)

cheers

-steven