just to help : easy and do not ask for changing the existant :-)

RSS feeds
2) Information search sites often supply email alerts for queries but not
RSS yet
3) Convert comments on blogs posts to RSS so anyone can subscribe to the
comments posted
update: it looks like Blogger does not accept an email address to
blogger.com so this doesn't work (at least for Blogger accounts)

how:
1) set up a Blogger account
2) under settings/email/mail-to-blogger create a new email address
3) send your email lists or email alerts to this new email address
4) subscribe to the atom feed automatically provided by Blogger for any
blogs. For readers like Bloglines that are good at autodetecting feed
sources just pasting the blog url is sufficient to add that feed

Here are some variations:
5) Create a Feedburner account that will convert the Blogger Atom feed into
RSS and will provide stats of how many subscribers you have to your new feed
6) under settings/email/ in blogger put the same email you did for
mail-to-blogger in "blog send address". This will basically post new
comments back as new posts in the same blog. This is good because it
prevents you to have to create a new Blogger account but you will have to
monitor more closely what kind of posts are getting submitted and delete if
necessary.

-----------------
MailBucket
MailBucket is an experiment in alternative methods of email management. For
now its only feature is a public email-to-RSS gateway: forward your email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and have your news reader pick it up at
mailbucket.org/slurp.xml (where you choose slurp, having checked that it's
not already in use).
http://www.mailbucket.org/

---------
MailFeed
MailFeed is a PHP script that checks a POP3, IMAP, or NNTP mailbox on demand
and returns an RSS feed containing the messages in the mailbox. This is
great if you run a controversial web site that gets tons of hate mail,
because now posting it to make fun of people is like, no hassle at all.
http://wiki.wonko.com/software/mailfeed/

RSS tools:
http://www.eu.socialtext.net/rss-winterfest/index.cgi?great_rss_tools

50+ RSS Ideas for Educators