Many of those bounces aren't real bounces, but spam messages with virus
attachments.

we use Policyd (http://policyd.sourceforge.net/) with Postfix in front of
the main mailserver (Plesk), and it offloads it significantly. Also the
amount of spam has reduced dramatically.

We use also Policyd for rate throttling of broadband users, in order to
limit their ability to send out spam through our server.

regards,
stan