Hi Lothar!

On Fri, February 29, 2008 8:36 pm, Lothar Gramelspacher wrote:
> I am aware of m0n0wall and have played with it in my home environment,
> but have no experience how it you scale

What about pfSense [0]? It is based on m0n0wall and has some more features.

As stated in the Wiki [1], a 200 MHz system with 128 megs of RAM should
suffice for up to 8 Mbps.

I run it on a WRAP (266 MHz AMD Geode CPU). On full utilization of my
20Mbps VDSL line with bittorrent (over 1000 parallel connections) and
about 50 filter rules, CPU load never goes over 15%.

[0] http://www.pfsense.com
[1] http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Hardware_requirements#Hardware_Sizing

Cheers,
Manuel