Hello,

I'm using sms_client to send alarm SMSes from my monitoring system to mobile phones. I don't know what happened but it seems our analog phone line is now blacklisted and the Swisscom SMSC is no longer accepting our SMSes. After about 2 hours being passed around from one Swisscom helpdesk to another I finally got someone that had a clue about fixnet to mobile SMS services. This person told me that he removed our phone number from the blacklist but that it could take 30mins to 24hours for the change to be effected(?!). Even if this was the most help I had in 2 hours on the phone, the guy could not imagine that I could send an SMS without an approved Swisscom telephone.

Anyone ever have a similar experience? I'm waiting patiently until tomorrow to see if it works but otherwise I'm a touch frustrated.
Here's the relevant output in the logs.

/etc/smsclient# sms_client -l 4 jon test123
Parsing Resource File '/etc/smsclient/sms_config'
Parsing '/etc/smsclient/sms_config' Found 'SMS_default_service', setting value to 'swisscom'
Failed to open local smsrc file
Opening Global Addressbook File: /etc/smsclient/sms_addressbook
Expanding 'jon'
Global: Item 'jon' found
Service 'swisscom' using protocol 'UCP'
Parsing '/usr/share/smsclient/services/swisscom' Found 'SMS_centre_number', setting value to '0794998990'
MODEM: Sending dial string ATDT0794998990<CR> to modem
Written String: +ATDT0794998990<CR>+
MODEM: Waiting for Connection...
Received String: +ATDT0794998990<CR><CR><LF>+
Received String: +BLACKLISTED<CR><LF>+
MODEM: Expecting CONNECT response - UNKNOWN

Jon Martin