Hello,

Now that the office firewall is running fine (uptime: 34 days, not a
single problem since last month, cf. the "VDSL/Zyxel P2802 HWL not
"strong" enough for a small company LAN?" thread), I'm now back,
looking for a new kind of firewall :)

For a specific project with it's own rack @datacenter, I would need a
device to "protect" about 10 web-servers:

- deny everything, and then
- allow web traffic (80/443) from everywhere -> servers
- allow administrative (sftp/ssh) traffic from specific IP's
- ability to detect http-based "attacks/ddos" (like bad configured
  spidering) : if there are too many http requests from specific hosts
  -> throttle/deny access for some time.  I guess it's something which
  should be implemented on application level, but who knows... ?
- bandwidth: average: 5Mbit/s, peaks: 10-15Mbit/s
- stable, reasonable price... (max 1-3kChf?)
- rackmount

Under digitec.ch ( http://www.digitec.ch/ProdukteAuswahl2.aspx?knr=490 )
as a start there are 9 "Rackmount" FW's.  But most of them are
VPN-oriented, with IpSec-Tunnels, SSL-Tunnels, etc: mostly stuff which
is expensive and that I really don't need.

Is there anything you can recommend in this case?  It if was only me,
I would take something there:
http://pfsense.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=44&Itemid=50
and start with that.  But the customer would also like to see some "non
open-source"-based solutions... :>

Regards,
Olivier