Salut, Marco,

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 15:22:39 +0200, Marco wrote:
> fully agreed. thats a bad argument against greylisting. if php scripts
> or other webserver stuff, like newsletter servers, etc.. use their own
> MTA which is most likely a fancy carp script, as you said, then its
> actually not the ISPs problem if a mail won't get delivered.

Technically, this is perfectly right, and personally I would like to
see everyone writing such scripts burn in hell. But if your users insist
on receiving the mail, you will either have to disable greylisting or to
get a better set of customers.

This is basically the "collision" between "lazy technicians" coming up
with "excuses why they're not responsible" and "stupid users who cannot
do things right". I'm afraid that the purely technical point of view is
not worth a dime if your users look for alternative providers.

Do you see what I mean?

                                Tonnerre