On Mon, 14 Mar 2011, Benoit Panizzon wrote:

Hi Oli

A Customer just forwarded me this which is more or less a confirmation that
Google (and Sunrise who uses Google Mail Services) do penalize emails from
domains with no SPF:

http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?hl=de&answer=33786

"Wenn für Ihre Domain kein SPF-Datensatz vorhanden ist, werden Nachrichten von
Ihren Nutzern möglicherweise von einigen Empfängerdomains abgelehnt, da nicht
bestätigt werden kann, dass die Nachrichten von einem autorisierten
Mailserver stammen."

Is google switzerland reading this list?

Do we really have to start using "v=spf1 +all" to make google accept our
emails?

We've had a similar problem with Google Mail - a freshly created domain name
for the conference (unknown on the net earlier) - all emails sent to Google
Mail ended up in Junk, unless people wrote us first or somehow added to contacts. We didn't do SPF, we didn't do DKIM (unfortunately) either.

But this was highly annoying (our corespondents resorted to use
whatever non-Google alternative accounts they have had).

//Marcin