On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Rene Luria <opera...@infomaniak.ch> wrote:

> On 25. 01. 12 14:03, Stephen Wilcox wrote:
>
>> Someone created this.. altho its just printing the http headers so not
>> rocket science..
>>

>  http://lew.io/headers.php
>>

> And you would take this as a definitive answer ?
>
> Look closely on what this page shows and you will see headers your browser
> did not send (x-forwarded-for even without a proxy) and will miss some your
> browser did send (connection, cache-control).
> Why ? Because it's certainly hosted behind some reverse proxy.
>
> At the end of the day, you have no clue about what headers you did really
> send or not.
>
> Guillaume's point is a good one, get back to what you know.
>
> And on a network oriented mailing list, a dump of packets never looks like
> rocket science :)

I for one do not have a webpage ready to output headers, although it would
only take me 1 minute to login to a box and create one. It seems easier to
forward something.. no?

Yes, I understand headers and issues with them, but it does show the
offending headers if they are present, which was the point (x-forwarded is
not of interest)..

Steve

> --
> Rene Luria

Director / Founder
IX Reach Ltd
E: steve.wil...@ixreach.com
M: +44 7966 048633
35 Jackson Court, High Wycombe, UK. HP15 7TZ