---------- Forwarded message ----------

Invitation to ISOC InterCommunity 2015 on July 8th

Summary
=======

On Wed, 08 July 2015 08-16 the ISOC InterCommunity 2015 is taking place as
a worldwide event interconnected by means of Videoconferencing. In
Switzerland we have two sites (Zurich and Geneva), where people can attend
physically.

From Zurich National Councilor (Nationalrat) Balthasar Glättli
will inform us about the latest development regarding the new
surveillance From Istanbul we will hear about the consequences of
governmental Internet interference.

The is also lots of room for discussions among the participants around
Europe. Breakfast and lunch included for all local participants.

Please register by July 5th on:

*  Zurich: http://www.isoc.ch/events/isoc-intercommunity-2015-zurich
*  Geneva: http://www.isoc.ch/events/isoc-intercommunity-2015-geneva

Long version
============

The ISOC InterCommunity 2015 meeting will take place on Wednesday, 8. July 2015
08:00; a meeting around the globe by means of video-conferencing. We cordially
invite you to join us locally in Zurich or Geneva. We will offer breakfast and
lunch for all local participants.

After the global part (8-10:30), an Inter-European meeting, with interconnected
hubs from Istanbul, Amsterdam, Geneva and Zurich is taking place (11-16).
Besides presentations from all the hubs, the agenda (see below) has a lot of
room for interactive discussions.

As you may know the Swiss Parliament is currently debating on two new laws
to extend surveillance of citizens in Switzerland (BÜFF/NDG), where law
enforcement and secret service demand more access to all citizens communication
data.

National Councilor (Nationalrat) Balthasar Glättli will give us an update on
the state of the parliamentary debate of these two surveillance acts.
Another highlight will be the contribution from Istanbul which shows the
consequences of too much governmental surveillance (including censorship).
You can find all contributions in the agenda below.

If you will attend personally in Zurich or Geneva, please register now on:

*  Zurich: http://www.isoc.ch/events/isoc-intercommunity-2015-zurich
*  Geneva: http://www.isoc.ch/events/isoc-intercommunity-2015-geneva

We kindly request you to register latest by July, 5th.

Agenda:

07:45 – 08:00 Arrival of participants / Networking / Breakfast

08:00 – 10:30 1st session

ISOC InterCommunity2015 (worldwide)

*  Introduction by Kathy Brown, President and CEO
*  The Global Internet Report and Accessibility, Michael Kende
*  Collaborative Governance, Constance Bommelaar
*  Collaborative Security, Olaf Kolkman
*  The Identity of the Internet Society, James Wood
*  Closing by Kathy Brown, President and CEO

10:30 – 11:00 Coffee Break

11:00 – 12:30 2nd session

*  From GENEVA:
  An overall view on privacy and surveillance
  by Christine Runnegar, ISOC Director of Public Policy

*  From AMSTERDAM:
  Recent development privacy and surveillance in the European Union (EU)
  by N.N.

*  Open Discussion among the participants (on all presentations)

12:30 – 14:00 Lunch Break

14:00 – 16:00 3rd session

*  From ZURICH:
  Current proposals in Swiss parliament on extending governmental
  surveillance (BÜPF/NDG)
  by National Councilor Balthasar Glättli, member of the Swiss Parliament

*  From ISTANBUL:
  Privacy, Censorship and Surveillance under Turkish Law and Practice: An
  Overview of a Problematic Decade
  by Ceren Unal, LLM-President, Internet Society Turkey Chapter

*  Open Discussion among the participants (on both presentations)