On 06.02.2016 17:34, Kägi Adrian wrote:
> We're looking for a web based Admin Tool, to manage our zone files on two
> Bind DNS (Master, slave) Servers. If any possible, this tool should support
> zone based admin rights for external customers.

I do this the following way - haven't found anything better yet:

- Webmin
- Add the Slaves into the Webmin Master within "Other Servers"
- This way, we have single sign on

Step 2: Go to bind settings
Webmin>Servers>Bind>Cluster slave Servers
Add the other Slaves (3 in my case)
Create secundary on slave: yes
create all existing master zones on slave: yes
name for NS record: show the ns2.yourname.ch

make sure to not have a trailing . or it might double .. on the end in
the zone

now put virtualmin over it (don't get fooled into having to use the
commercial cloudmin)

now you have delegated access. you still see all zones as sudo user ;)
Perfect imho.

I created a package (Service definition) that only allowed dns changes)
I then use whmcs to manage my client- my clients can order their own
free DNS management via a "free package" on WHMCS which then provisions
on these dns.

Do not let a provisioning system auto-accept orders. Otherwise, someone
will create gmail.com on your dns and hijack all the emails of the
people which use your dns to resolve (that's one reason one should keep
resolvers and authoritative DNS Split)

I hope that was some input, it took me quite some time to figure out the
best solution.

ps: Tested even to have clients order reverse v6 zones. it worked! The
client might be even on this ML ;)

Silvan