Von: "Benoit Panizzon" <benoit.paniz...@imp.ch>
An: swinog@lists.swinog.ch
Gesendet: Dienstag, 9. August 2016 13:47:58
Betreff: [swinog] 'known' DNS Problems with Migros Banking App?

Hello

One customer contacted us, because the Migros Banking App does not work
from within our network and asked me to contact the Migros NOC to find
out what we should change to make it work.

From the Migros NOC I got the feedback, that this is an issue they
observed with customers whose ISP have IPv6 enabled DNS Server. They
recommend that either the ISP disables IPv6 on the nameservers, or that
the customers uses a different ISP, for example via Mobile Phone
Hotspot to use their Banking app.

Apparently UPC Cablecom is another ISP with the same issue and cablecom
is able to resolve the issue by disabling IPv6 for the affected
customers.

I am a bit puzzled. I first suspected a DNSSEC issue as our servers do
validate DNSSEC. But this does not seem to be the case.

I can resolve the hostnames without any problems via our DNS Servers.

Our DNS Servers are IPv6 enabled. When another DNS Server has an
IPv6 address, they will prefer IPv6.
But our customer does not get an IPv6 address. So his local resolver
does only know the IPv4 address of our DNS Servers. The Migros DNS
Servers do not publish an IPv6 address. So how is IPv6 involved in this
issue?

The Domain in Question: mbmid.ch is:

mbmid.ch.               241     IN      NS      ns1.datacenter-migros.ch.
mbmid.ch.               241     IN      NS      migze104.migros.ch.
mbmid.ch.               241     IN      NS      migze100.migros.ch.

ns1.datacenter-migros.ch. 146   IN      A       164.14.130.66
migze100.migros.ch.     3222    IN      A       146.67.146.20
migze104.migros.ch.     3222    IN      A       193.8.177.201

They are not DNSSEC Signed.

The only issue I found is that ns1.datacenter-migros.ch is not
published in the registrar glue record, but this also would not lead to
a failure to resolve the hostname.

Has anyone else come across that issue and could give me a hint where
to further investigate?

-Benoît Panizzon-
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden