With one in two SmartPhones in CH Android, the advice of telling 50% of your customers / users to "go Apple" may not be the best approach for convincing such a "someone".

Seriously, any proposed solutions / approaches (besides requesting google to change their mind), that have actually been used somewhere, would be welcomed?

Cheers JIm

On 20.09.2016 16:24, Jeroen Massar wrote:
On 2016-09-20 15:58, Jim Romaguera wrote:
On 20.09.2016 15:40, Jeroen Massar wrote:
Anybody has a proper excuse? :)
No I don't have an excuse but interested in the communities (& your)
opinion re your challenge...

o DHCPv6 re Android re enterprise, BYOD, PWLAN, etc environments

Is a problem or was a problem / no problem at all?
One person at Google decided that they do not want to properly want to
support IPv6 even though people have been asking for it...

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=32621
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/androids-lack-of-dhcpv6-support-poses-security-and-ipv6-deployment-issues/
etc etc

And even if they finally change their mind:
  https://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html
you will never get the correct version on the devices....

I am still waiting for the new 7.x to pop up on that chart ;)
I mean, it is only out for a month now...

Hey look, IOS 10.x is at 25% already:
   https://david-smith.org/iosversionstats/
while that was released, what, a week ago? :)

Hence, just buy a different device, Android is hopeless...

Greets,
  Jeroen

.... well CyanogenMod might be useful, but they do not have DHCPv6
either afaik...