Hi

I'm a employee of a good known E-Commerce site here in switzerland and I
would like to share some thoughts from my side if that's okay for all. I
hope I understood well enough what you plan. Otherwise just ignore what
I just wrote :)
> Given that e-commerce such as digitec.ch is assumingly making 99.9% of
> the revenue within Switzerland, their prefix doesn't need to reachable
> from all over the world.
That's correct, the *customer* doesn't need to the reach the website
from outsite switzerland normaly. But there're many 3rd-Party Provider
for Newsletter, Monitoring etc. and distributors that need to be able to
resolve digitec.ch outside of switzerland for example. (because there
server are not located in switzerland) Mostly it's dispensable if they
can't reach the website or a ftp server for some minutes, but if they
can't access the page  for days the E-Commerce Site will have issue with
orders, product availability, newsletter shipping etc. Also some 3rd-
Party Scripts may use a dns lookup and would fail then. There's also a
possibilty that the employee reach the internet via a proxy outside of
switzerland (due to a enterprise policy) so they wouldn't be able to
access there site and couldn't work at all.

Of course if the site isn't available at all it's not a good experience
for the customer and they may order there article on a other onlineshop,
but if the website is online and doesn't work properly that's also not a
optimal solution either.

Addiontally to the fact that more and more E-Commerce Websites use DDoS-
Protection services like akamai or cloudflare, only about half  hosting
there website on server in switzerland.

--
  Patrick Albrecht