One of PCH’s long-term efforts has been to encourage governments to restrict
their use of offensive cyber attacks against civilian networks. We've
successfully gotten that effort out of the U.N., where it was floundering, and
into a well-supported stand-alone commission.  It’s being taken seriously by
governments, and will be one of the main topics under discussion at the Global
Conference on Cyberspace in Delhi next week.

The work has been divided into two working-groups: one is addressing the
question of what a norm should say (i.e. “Governments shouldn’t cyber-attack
X”).  The other is addressing the question of what infrastructures should be
protected (i.e. what is the X that shouldn’t be attacked). I’m chairing that
second working group. The main thing we’re delivering in Delhi is the result of
a survey of what infrastructure people think should be protected.  That survey
is still open, and we’d like as many people to respond as possible.  So, please
consider doing so.  It’ll only take a couple of minutes, and it’s a critical
part of an admittedly very lengthy process to make your life easier.

   https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/criticalinfrastructure

Much appreciated,

                              -Bill

Links in case you want to pursue further reading on the things I’ve mentioned
above:

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eligible_Receiver_97

https://lawfareblog.com/un-gge-failed-international-law-cyberspace-doomed-well

   https://cyberstability.org/about/