Thank you Fredy for pointing this out. It's really a pity SWITCHmirror is
shutting down.

We are also interested in understanding what would be involved in keeping such
a mirror alive, especially from a storage and bandwidth perspective.

Could someone from Switch please comment? It'd be highly appreciated.

Thanks & regards

Manuel Wenger
Netstream AG

On 22.08.18, 15:54, "swinog-boun...@lists.swinog.ch on behalf of Fredy
Kuenzler" <swinog-boun...@lists.swinog.ch on behalf of kuenz...@init7.net>
wrote:

    SWITCH announced that they plan to close down mirror.switch.ch. See
    announcement http://mirror.switch.ch/

    I personally think this is very sad. In the name of the community I
    would like to thank SWITCH for their support over all these years.

    However I would like to start the discussion how we can keep
    mirror.switch.ch alive as a community effort.

    Can the decision makers at SWITCH please explain the preconditions?
    Funding for new hardware? Throw in some bandwidth? Colocation? Server
    management?

    Please discuss.

    --
    Fredy Kuenzler