Hello

I assume that some of you also have an account / access to Equinix data
centers. And that you have been informed that you have to define a new 6-digit
PIN in your account.
Two things make me wonder, see the FAQ here:
https://equinix.app.box.com/s/lcrutseubx9vebi4m21dir8fp66fmmlq

Extract:

I'm trying to select my 6-digit PIN but am receiving an error message.
--> OUR SECURITY SYSTEMS ONLY ALLOW EACH PIN/COMBINATION TO BE USED FOR ONE
PERSON. If you are receiving an error, please input a new combination of
numbers or use the "Generate PIN" selection to generate a random, unique PIN.

I forgot my 6-digit PIN, what should I do? / I want to change my 6-digit PIN
DUE TO SECURITY REASONS, where can I change it?
--> ....Your 6-digit PIN cannot be changed....

In concrete terms, this means that every person has a PIN, but no other person
in the world can have the same PIN. This means that a maximum of 900,000 people
worldwide can have access to Equinix data centres. (PINs with leading zero are
not allowed)

And if someone knows your PIN, at least your first authentication factor is
broken and cannot be changed.

Support has confirmed this behavior to me so far.

Am I the only one here who finds that very weird? How do you deal with it?

Best regards
Michi

--
Michael Koloff