Alexander Koch wrote:
[snip]

If I am not utterly mistaken whether a personal copy is
allowed or not is not taken into account when this personal
copy is actively offered through a p2p network. At the point
any copy is offered it's automatically not a personal copy
any longer...

Good point, but I expect that the user downloaded and stored the file for personal use on his computer, which is not a law violation in Switzerland, because he did only *one* copy. It's also not illegal to run a P2P program. If a downloaded file is stored in a folder, which is made public of the P2P program, you might possibly blame the programmer of the P2P program, but not the user, which does not know much about computers - all he want's to do is watching a movie.

See the anaolgy to worm viruses? Programmers of virues should be sued, but not naive users, which don't know anything about security patches. They are of course annoying but not illegal.

my CHF 0.05
F.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Maillist-Archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/swinog%40swinog.ch/