Tobias Glasow writes:
> anyone else getting empty dns replies from several dns-servers? i
> cannot see we some work and some doesn't.

This is becoming a frequently asked question.

Everything is normal.  The first two nameservers simply don't want to
provide "recursive" nameservice to you so they don't respond to
requests for data outside their authority.  Probably they responded
with referrals to other (root) nameservers that you could follow.  But
since you used "host" rather than e.g. "dig", you didn't see this.

Many people recommend to configure authoritative nameservers with
recursion turned off entirely.

Regards,
--
Simon.