On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, John Morgan Salomon wrote:
[...]
And I'm not 100% sure of the implications of article 13 and part 7 (privacy-related bits and bobs.) Will this imply that we get to sue '1337 h4x0rz?

I'm also not sure why the commission and the Bundesamt need "personal profiles". SIUG was strongly against this part in its answer [1].

Art. 45a seems like a two-edged sword. Does it mean that ISPs must
filter mails or does it mean that they have to stop spammers from
using their own network?

- Felix

[1] http://www.siug.ch/positionen/ (german)

--