hi all

first: thank you for the great event yesterday. as usual it was well
organised and the selection of speakers was interesting.

if we can already put some wishes for the next swinog, i'm gonna list them
here:

table discussion peerings:
--------------------------
as roger gottsponer already mentioned, it would be great if we can have a
table discussion about peering issues ("
Benefits and drawbacks of Peerings"). i dont have to mention that swisscom
and mr. wälchli are gladly invited to participate.

table discussion ifpi/suisa/fedpol/universal & co.:
mr. banks (ifpi) gave us yesterday a good view of what will happen within
the next few months/years.
i think it the topic is not yet closed, as some of us still have a lot of
unanswered questions.
it would be great to have a discussion with ifpi and mr. christian
schwarzenegger (remeber swinog-5, the discussion about wiretapping etc.) and
maybe some other organsiations (fedpol? universal? any other movie
distributor?).
i also saw that it's not quite clear what's the difference between ifpi and
suisa.

as far as i understood - please correct me if i'm wrong - is suisa the
institution for the rights of authors of musical works
(http://www.suisa.ch/cgi-bin/engine/suisa/start?id=301&lang=e) and ifpi is
the organisation which for the rights of the producers and distributors of
the musics (and 'videograms').
so:
ifpi = working for emi, sony music, etc.
suisa = working for the author like dj bobo, etc.

anniversary event:
since the next event will be the 10th event of swinog we should do something
special ;-)
we all should be creative and give some input here.
what about a weekend/2-day event e.g. in tessin (nicole's idea) with
workshops?

just my thoughts....

-steven

ps: i'm planning for the next ZH-beer event on october 11th.. just keep that
in mind.