Interesting

It's clear, that the NRO doesn't like the idea... but it would definitely
solve many problems, if IP space was assigned per country...

(yes, I know, that the RIRs would still exist, but let's assume, that ALL
IP-Space would only be assigned by countries)

- Webshops who may not sell to certain countries could simply block some
ranges
- You could block mail with IPs from nigeria in them to never again receive
mails from people who want to give you millions of $$$
- Route aggregation would be easy

On the other hand there are also some negatives:

- Countries like China could easily filter out traffic from US sites or any
other country they don't like
- International provides would have to get netblocks in each country they
operate in, not only one large block at a cenral location

But since IPv6 is never going into large-scale production, this discussion is
maculature anyway :-)

Cheers,
Viktor