Hi Folks -

We made a change this year that may not have been noticed by many
folks -- we are not having the buffet lunch on Saturday.

Saturday will run pretty much like Friday:  There will be a 90-minute
break between 12 and 1:30 for you to grab something either from the
hotel's restaurant, the mall across the way, or other nearby
establishments.

We will move the lunch activities ("In Memoriam", Ears To Our World
Update) to the banquet time.

There were several reasons for this decision:

1) A buffet lunch was not good value for money from the hotel; we
would have had to charge above $30 for it; that's expensive
considering we are having a buffet dinner just six hour later.

2) Our space configuration this year is a bit different.  Our forums
and our registration / exhibit area will be in the "Chestnut" series
of rooms underneath the second floor terrace; we won't be using the
"Walnut" series of rooms for the forums as in years past; those are
being used by a different group.  As a result, the registration /
exhibit space will be too small to accommodate seating for lunch.

That space will be reconfigured for the banquet after the forums, when
we will no longer need the forum space.

We have tried to strike a balance between the costs for space, the
costs for meals, and the overall registration fee while providing
informal ad-hoc gathering spaces (which the Doubletree handles very
well).  I'd be happy to review that balance over the Fest weekend with
anyone interested in understanding our challenges!

See everyone real soon!

Rich Cuff