Hello,

Even though I got sick over the weekend, this was one of the best Fests that I attended. Fortunately I was able to minimize the ill effects and have a great time. Thanks to everyone who helped make this a great Fest.

Route 202 turned out to be a good route and I am considering using it more in future. The rush hour traffic on the PA turnpike westbound can be bad. Any heavy traffic on Route 202 was going the other way. I took the same route going home so I could lunch at the Morristown Diner in Morristown, NJ.

The listening lounge was successful due to four people providing radios and additional antennas. It was too bad that propagation was poor Friday. It improved Saturday. I may bring my Fairhaven RD500DX next year, unless I buy another radio.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS35l2Rqs5g

It was interesting comparing the different generations of NRC and Racal Receivers. I always wanted to see a Icom R-9500 in person. The small Mason Engineering Mini-Probe TSCM receiver was very interesting. I was not familiar with the company.
http://cryptomuseum.com/manuf/mason/index.htm

There were many talks I found interesting and with good information. Some talks had subjects beyond the typical radio listening. I missed a couple that I wanted to attend.

It was good to meet up with people from previous years and remember those who are no longer with us.

It is amazing comparing the technology we could buy in 1988 with today. Some of the top end receivers of the 1980s, like the Racal 6790/GM, are still good performers at a more reasonable price today. At past Fests I usually struggled to find time to monitor the local VHF/UHF/800 bands. This fest I had a laptop with a 2TB SSD and a SDRPlay RSP2Pro to record several minutes of up to 8 MHz swaths of radio spectrum. I can review the files anytime. They also make good test input to the various decoder projects I am working on.

If you want to read some long threads on the little experiment I started back in August.
http://forums.radioreference.com/gre-scanners/335862-dmr-nxdn-systems.html#post2623575
http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/339155-radio-shack-pro-668-loaded-whistler-dmr-firmware.html
http://forums.radioreference.com/gre-scanners/342880-dmr-hopes-psr-800-a.html

73 Eric