But be careful.

 

When talking gas-powered generators.

 

With the recent power outages here in the Merrimack Valley,  a couple in 
Methuen suffered CO poisoning – the husband died,  wife in critical condition,  
cat died,  dog survived.

 

Long story short = couple had two generators running IN THE HOUSE.    
Apparently there was no CO (carbon monoxide) alarm active there.     

http://www.eagletribune.com/news/haverhill/outage-claims-a-life/article_ffeea466-d409-550c-a7df-9365f8bf0090.html

 

A few years ago – a family in Plaistow NH died because their CO monitor was 
going off.   What a nuisance,  right?   So they pulled the battery out of it,  
no alarm, no problem?   They all died.

Greg

 

From: Swlfest [mailto:swlfest-boun...@hard-core-dx.com] On Behalf Of Ron 
Hunsicker
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2018 11:25 AM
To: Discussion list for the Winter SWL Fest
Subject: [Swlfest] Emergency Power

 

Eric's seminar suggestion is a good one.  Related is surge suppression; a 
discussion of whole house (shack) surge suppression would also be very useful.


Ron

-- 
Ron Hunsicker
1238 Cleveland Avenue
Wyomissing, PA 19610-2102
610-478-0371
ronhunsi at ptd dot net 


"Democracy dies in darkness"

_______________________________________________
Swlfest mailing list
Swlfest@hard-core-dx.com
http://montreal.kotalampi.com/mailman/listinfo/swlfest

To unsubscribe:  Send an E-mail to  
swlfest-requ...@hard-core-dx.com?subject=unsubscribe, or visit the URL shown 
above.

For more information on the Fest, visit:

http://www.swlfest.com
http://swlfest.blogspot.com

Reply via email to