Apologies for interrupting this mostly quiet list.

Other than getting to see and talk with all of you, my favorite part of the
fest is spending time in the listening lounge and getting to try out and
compare different receivers side-by-side. How different (or similar) are all
our favorite radios, really? I missed not getting to do that with the online
fest this year.

So I decided to do a bit of a virtual listening lounge at home this year. I
dragged a bunch of receivers up to my roof (hey, the weather was nice), hooked
them all up to my portable Wellbrook through an RF distribution amp, and
recorded various signals as demodulated by each radio at the same time. In
other words, how well do our receivers do on the signals we actually listen to?

I posted the first installment of this as a guest post on Thomas's wonderful
SWLingPost blog. Here, we can see that while there are definitely differences
in the ergonomics and performance of good quality radios over the last 40
years, their similarities are probably more striking:

https://swling.com/blog/2022/04/matts-2022-rooftop-receiver-shootout/

I'll be doing a a second installment with even more radios, including signals
under more challenging band conditions that should more sharply highlight their
performances differences, in the weeks to come. Stay tuned.

Thought the list might find this of interest.

73!

-matt