The SWORD v2 project has been asked by the JISC to look into the applicability
of the SWORD protocol for depositing Research Data.  The SWORD protocol has
always been agnostic about the type of resource it is depositing, however its
initial development stemmed from a requirement for the deposit of scholarly
communications outputs into repositories – these typically being small
text-based items.

In order to investigate how well SWORD and SWORD v2 would deal with Research
Data, we need to know about the different types of research data that you are
working with.  This will allow us to discover some of the range of different
data types in use, and the general and specific requirements of each.

We’ve tried to keep the survey short – it is only 9 questions long.  If you
have a few minutes to share some information with us about the data you work
with, we would very much appreciate it.

- http://swordapp.org/2011/12/survey-depositing-research-data-using-sword/

Thanks!