Hello,

I have been trying for sometime now to ingest data into our DSpace test
repository using SWORD 2, but with little success.
Specifically, I have been using the python-sword2 module, and followed the
examples there. I can successfully create an item submitting only metadata
("Creating a Resource with an Atom Entry"), but when I try to send a file
(binary), I keep getting errors from the server.

If I try the multipart submission way, I get a 500 error with this cause:
"Attempting to store and check deposit which has no input stream"

If I try to append the file to an item I previously created with the Atom
Entry, I get a 400 error http://purl.org/net/sword/error/ErrorBadRequest, that
goes down to here:

        at org.swordapp.server.ContainerAPI.post(ContainerAPI.java:342)
        at
org.swordapp.server.servlets.ContainerServletDefault.doPost(ContainerServletDefault.java:62)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
        at
        at
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestDumperValve.invoke(RequestDumperValve.java:156)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:291)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:602)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I know this is very little information to get some help, but I just started
using DSpace and SWORD, so I don't really know if it is a problem with DSpace
(maybe in the configuration), with my python-sword2 requests or something else,
so I would appreciate if you could point me to the right direction.

Thank you in advance for any help,
best regards

Marco

Marco Fabiani
Postdoctoral Research Assistant
Centre for Digital Music
School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
Queen Mary, University of London
Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, UK