To be more helpful ....

You can separate the deposit into two requests and get the same effect
as a multipart:

1/ POST your Atom Entry to the Collection IRI with In-Progress: true
in the headers

2/ PUT your package to the Edit Media IRI with all the relevant
package headers and Metadata-Relevant: true if the package contains
any metadata to be extracted

Cheers,

Richard