We had to deposit metadata and content separately for our PHP sword deposit app to work with DSpace.

depositAtomEntry to deposit the metadata,
addExtraFileToMediaResource to deposit the assets,
completeIncompleteDeposit to complete the deposit and have it show up in workflow.

I can send you our source code if you require it.

Cheers

Hayden