On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Philip Durbin
<philip_dur...@harvard.edu> wrote:
> 1. Am I doing it wrong by using the col-uri to both create the study
> and upload example.zip?

After discussing this at http://irclog.iq.harvard.edu/dvn/2013-07-22
I'm pretty sure I was indeed doing this wrong.

I'm still doing a POST of an Atom entry to a col-uri to create a study.

But now*, to upload example.zip, I'm doing a PUT to the edit-media-uri.

In the discussion above, the video at
http://cottagelabs.com/news/intro-to-sword-2 was pointed out to me and
I've found it very helpful. In fact, I started a public Google Doc
about it with screenshots, notes, and a table that shows the relevant
HTTP verbs (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE) mapped to the five URIs that are
in play (service-document-uri, collection-uri, edit-uri,
edit-media-uri, statement-uri):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oyz3ZTfZA_7FFNpZNaxR6cDJzLXgm3X1ybwUkMQwL1Q/edit?usp=sharing

Comments are certainly welcome. I tried to keep the document generic to SWORD.

I still have many questions about SWORD, but I'll keep wrestling.
Thanks for reading.

Phil

* As of https://github.com/IQSS/dvn/commit/1ba5287

--