Um. Sorry for the late reply. :)

On the topic of API keys and SWORD, this just came across my radar:

'Enter the dashboard's IP address into the "Remote name" field and the
user and API key noted earlier into the "Api username" and "Api key"
fields' -- https://www.archivematica.org/wiki/Sword_API#Configuration

Very interesting.

Phil