Dear all,

I hope you don't mind forwarding a recent example of using SWORD...

Following the announcements by both Figshare and Zenodo that they now allow
easy deposit of research software into their repositories, I thought I'd create
a demonstration of the same mechanism but using the SWORD deposit protocol
developed for institutional and data repositories.  If you want the gory
details, they can be found at:

-          http://blog.stuartlewis.com/2014/09/09/github-to-repository-deposit/

Alternatively, if you want to try it out yourself, visit the following URL, and
when prompted, either choose a GitHub repository or use the following one:

-          http://easydeposit.swordapp.org/example/github/easydeposit

-          When prompted, enter the URL
https://github.com/stuartlewis/EasyDeposit/

In short, this allows software to be archived from the GitHub (or similar)
source code control system into local repositories such as DataShare, and then
assigned persistent identifiers such as DOIs to allow them to be cited and
tracked through scholarly literature.

Best wishes,

Stuart Lewis
Head of Research and Learning Services
Deputy Director Library & University Collections, Information Services
University of Edinburgh
stuart.le...@ed.ac.uk<mailto:stuart.le...@ed.ac.uk>

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.