Subject: Re: [hybi] Fwd: New Version Notification for
draft-thomson-hybi-http-timeout-00
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:21:24 +1100
From: Mark Nottingham <m...@mnot.net>

This smells a little bit like the Prefer header:
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-snell-http-prefer-02

Did you consider using something like that? E.g.,
   Prefer: response-fast

Where the parameters of 'response-fast' is specific to the resource.

As you can probably guess, I'm suggesting this because I'm concerned that 95%
of
people who want to use something like Request-Timeout won't have such a subtle
use case in mind.